Sunday, December 4, 2011

Always new beginnings

Hola from the wonderful country of Peru.
I am now in the home of the Incas, my homeland... my "hood"
Many interesting things have happened in these last four months and I won´t get into it because it doesn´t deserve much attention simply a brief mention as a fortunate series of events that are leading me to a wonderful new adventure.
In observance of my cousin´s computer´s slow death... I sit here in a "cabina" surrounded by euphoric kids playing their online killing games while I attempt to update my neglected photo blog... I can really use some headphones to block the sound of kids cussing at each other while playing... "oe! matame pe!" "oe apura marica!" oh yes the love, the LOVE!! I will surrunder and just laugh for now.
Anyway, my main goal was to update you in my shenanigans and well I will start with my roadtrip with my cousins to the city of "La Merced"
Here we are in the river "PerenĂ©"
La_Merced_080

Notice the way my cousins (Milagros on the left and Erika on the right) are grabing on to the side of the boat... oh yes, as much fun as we were having, we did not want to fall on the water.

We also went to a "ashanika" community and they encouraged us to dress like them in order to get a full experience... apparently this is funny to Milagros

La_Merced_041

And now I dare you to hold a lovely snake.... yeah... no thanks
La_Merced_023

But what I enjoyed the most was nature´s beauty... simply breathtaking...
La_Merced_091


La_Merced_106

One spot that seemed to be THE place to be on a sunday was "Wharapo"
Notice the amount of motorcycles, cars are simply not an option around here.
La_Merced_149

Cars end up like this... r.i.p. green car... r.i.p.
La_Merced_123

No comments: