Friday, February 13, 2009

Dj Josh Peace severs all ties with HERE LOUNGE in WEST HOLLYWOOD

Dear Lovers
I feel it is my duty to share with you what has been on my mind lately, and trust me when i say that i had mixed feelings about this.
Recently there was an abrupt transition from "Heat" to a new night by the name of "Panty Raid" which i started promoting a few weeks ago without really knowing the reason for such change.
I am a firm believer that truth above all is the cure to our "problems" or "differences" and with that said i believe that my motive to circulate this online is to inform you of the challenges we face as an LGBT(Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender) community.
This is not intended to upset anybody or create a bad reputation but as my friend DJ Josh Peace says: 
to encourage further dialogue about musical segregation in today's gay club scene, and it's negative impact on our community. This is an open letter to anyone who would like to discuss this matter further, including any patrons of Thursday nights, management at HERE LOUNGE, city council officials, Sherrif's department representatives, promoters, DJ's and any other member of our community.

I believe that if we are strong about our values and fight for our principles we can really  make an impact in people's lives.

Josh speaks from the his kind and loving heart and i support his cause.
for more info you can read the original letter here
love.
Sandra.

No comments: